- today I took Big Recycling Box to shipper to go out, full of the rest of my video tapes, some audio tapes to fill the gaps and all the old "WTF is this?" computer parts I cleaned out of my computer parts box. I'm SERIOUSLY PLEASED by this.
- What isn't seriously pleasing is the number of audio tapes that remain. There's another box in my future, I think, but I'm officially not dealing with it until after I get back from the UK.
- BY the way - I'm off to the UK for Whitby in a few weeks. Let the Squeeing commence. There also might be some naughtiness with my little pet. But don't tell him tho. He thinks my intentions are pure. They are not. *evil grin*
- also having left the house is three boxes (only half full each) of various recycling items. Paper, plastic, etc, to the local dump. I also confirmed they take appliances, so the portable washer is going to the Kitchen in the Sky before I go. That was weird, because I asked the question for the guys in the booth - directly in front of the pile of appliances. I said "I didn't know if this was a free-for-all appliance pile" and the guys laughed. So not entirely a blonde after all.
- some other goals for today include throwing out a few more items I want gone from the house, my old bed rails for example, a desktop that was left on the balcony and is ruined, ditto for the rug from my storage unit. *sighs* That one was a loss anyway let's face it.
- I'm also HOPEFULLY putting up a quickie display of the big items I'd like to sell. Then when I get back I will be able to mailing list some of them. I just don't have time now to put them up and get things shipped unless it's at my timetable. Maybe I can work on cleaning things up while in the UK - I will have a few days of my own stuff to do.
- Also need to post my books link to the used book lists here. I'd like to send it to the mailing list but can't until next week. Stupid posting rules. That will give people about a week to get orders in. Cutting it close but after that I want the books gone - anything not sold from this list will go to the Got Books! donate box except for the SciFi which I might try and call Pandemonium about - maybe I can email them a list so I don't waste anyone's time.
- After that, I work on the "Keeper" bookcases. My Intent is to rid myself of as many as possible, once I make sure the ones I REALLY want I Have on digital edition. I know what you guys are saying, and NO this will not eliminate books, but you know it WILL eliminate my collection to the ones I MUST keep, which will be manageable. And not 25 boxes of "What do I do with this?" (I'm not exaggerating)
OK - need to post this, and get moving while still motivated. I kinda need a new kitchen rubbish bin, and I've seen one I like at Target but I think I will wait until I get a call from one of my clients, they have a different Target that might have the basket AND cover at the same time *gasp* plus there's a Stop & Shop with gas station there too - I have enough points to get about 20 cents per gallon off and I LIKE THAT! hehehehe.